Destination Star Trek returns to London!
Destination Star Trek London (DST3), the world-record breaking Star Trek event returns to London for three days from Friday 3rd - Sunday 5th October 2014, at London's ExCeL Centre.
Following the success of the first event (October 2012) when tens of thousands of fans from all over the world descended on London the event has returned following a successful outing in Germany. Organisers, Media 10, expect similar success with the forthcoming event where Klingons, Captains, Borgs, Ferengi and Vulcans will come together in a pilgrimage to one of the greatest science fiction franchises the word has ever seen. Fans will get to rub shoulders with some of the biggest name in Star Trek history, including William Shatner, Sir Patrick Stewart, Jeri Ryan, Karl Urban, Brent Spiner and the whole Star Trek: the Next Generation Bridge Crew, plus many, many more.
Celebrating 48 years of Star Trek through each of its incarnations, fans will be treated to a range of props, themed parties, entertainment, activities, professional photo shoots, autograph sessions, movie sets, memorabilia, screenings and an unrivalled collection of celebrity guests. Destination Star Trek London is set to be Europe's, maybe even the galaxy's biggest, un-missable Star Trek event to date.
To make sure you don't miss out on the best bits, here's our top ten picks of what to see and do at this year's show:
1. Jonathan Ross kicks things off: Join us for the Opening Ceremony of DST3 where Star Trek fanatic Jonathan Ross will introduce over 40 actors for a unique Q&A, from 7pm on Friday 3rd October. You will be introduced to all of the DST3 guests before the main event happens. Visitors will be able to submit questions that will then be asked to the guests. This unique experience should not be missed.
2. Autographs and photo opportunities: The event will give you the opportunity to meet your favourite actors from Star Trek with autograph and personal photograph sessions running throughout the event. Visitors have the chance to obtain once-in-a-lifetime shots alongside their favourite Star Trek characters
3. See a unique collection of Star Trek Guests, stars, writers and producers: Once again DST3 will bring together a glittering array of famous faces for the fans' delight. This year the highlights include; Sir Patrick Stewart ('Jean-Luc Picard'), William Shatner ('Captain Kirk'), Jeri Ryan ('7 of 9'), Karl Urban ('Bones McCoy'), Bruce Greenwood ('Captain Pike'), Nichelle Nicholls ('Uhura'), Brent Spiner ('Data') and making his first UK appearance and performance James Darren ('Vic Fontaine'). Amongst the 'behind the scenes' guests; the legendary Nicholas Meyer (Director Star Trek The Wrath of Khan) who has been labelled 'the man who saved Star Trek' and Bryan Fuller (Writer on DS9 and Voyager).
4. Pose with the stars or on the Enterprise Bridge: Have your photo taken with your favourite Star Trek actor or in the Captain's chair on the Enterprise bridge (from The Next Generation series), taken by a professional photographer at Destination Star Trek London - take away with you a once in a lifetime memory that you won't be able to experience anywhere else!
5. Find love in the Klingon Zone: Step into the world of the Klingons where you can not only eat, drink and relax in Klingon style and learn how to speak the language with our resident Klingons but also potentially find love during our Klingon Speed Dating event.
6. Costume Parade: Come and show off your efforts to the galaxy in our daily costume parades where you have the chance to win special prizes! Anyone and everyone of all ages and species can enter, and you will be judged in a variety of categories by our V.I.P judging panel!
7. Beam Me Up, Spock! Guests will have the opportunity to participate in an intimate video conference with legendary actor Leonard Nimoy. Taking place on Sunday 5th October this unique event is exclusive and rare event is available to the 'Admiral' and 'Captain' package holders. Guests can ask questions in a two discussion and will also see all guests who take part receiving a specially created signed Leonard Nimoy print.
8. The Big Reunion: On the Saturday evening of DST3 in the Enterprise Stage area, The Next Generation crew of Sir Patrick Stewart, Brent Spiner, Jonathan Frakes, Michael Dorn, LeVar Burton, Marina Sirtis, Gates McFadden, John de Lancie and Denise Crosby will be reunited for a 90 minute entertaining and insightful Q&A session. Moderated by the one and only William Shatner, this event is set to provide insight into TNG as never seen before. The cast is famous for their enduring friendship and infectious humour making this one of the 'not to miss' talks of the weekend.
9. Record breakers: Destination Star Trek London 2012 successfully broke the Guinness World Record for Most People Dressed as Star Trek Characters breaking the previous record of 1040, by 23 people to claim the new record of 1063. We will be attempting to break this record again and we need your help! Get your outfits ready and head to Excel early on Saturday 4th October to be part of history.
10. Two epic parties over two nights: We have two great themed parties planned for Friday and Saturday night with entertainment to suit. Including live sets from a stunning line-up of Star Trek actors including James Darren (DS9's Vic Fontaine and Darren's first UK performance), Tim Russ and the Enterprise Blues Band.
Whether you're a dedicated follower of the Star Trek series since it began, or just curious about the Star Trek universe, there will be something for everyone at this year's show!