Grand Designs Live Returned To NEC Birmingham This Autumn
THE LIVE HOME EVENT FULL OF INSPIRATION AND EXPERT ADVICE: GRAND DESIGNS LIVE RETURNED TO NEC BIRMINGHAM THIS AUTUMN
Grand Designs Live, the UK’s premier home design and innovation exhibition, returned to NEC Birmingham this past October with 46,217 visitors in attendance over the five-day event.
This year’s show featured a huge variety of exhibitors spanning across four different sectors: build, kitchens and bathrooms, gardens and interiors with expert guests hosting stage talks.
The 2023 show offered visitors invaluable inspiration for their homes. Visitors had the opportunity to discover an array of specialists, ranging from architects to building suppliers, kitchen designers, bathroom designers and many more. In addition, attendees could unearth unique bespoke furnishings and designs alongside original pieces of artwork. The show was even more spectacular than ever before, offering something for everyone.
As the world’s focus shifts to creating more sustainable homes and creating a cleaner place to live for all, Grand Designs Live showcased some fascinating ways to make green living accessible for all. Visitors could experience eco-friendly project inspiration with the latest innovation as well as ways to decarbonise your home. This year the show featured an array of incredible and innovative exhibitors to elevate your home into an eco-masterpiece. From, GreenRoofTops to Tepeo Ltd showcasing zero carbon heating solutions, as well as ways to conserve energy at home with decarbonising heat pumps and lighting innovations from EnerPHit. It had all aspects of your home covered, not only saving you money but keeping your home future proof and running efficiently.
Key features also included sustainability talks and workshop demos, celebrating the best conceptual and eco-friendly construction ideas. Grand Designs Live encouraged everyone to take simple, small steps towards making their home self-sufficient and carbon neutral.
Additional features at this year’s show included:
- House of Grand Ideas – This year, Grand Designs Live , for the first time, proudly introduced our very own grand design – The House of Grand Ideas, presented by OVO, the energy company fighting the climate crisis.
The spectacular show home took centre stage and demonstrated how you can live in luxurious surroundings and still meet the requirements of NET ZERO. The house showcased desirable cutting edge products many of which incorporated low-carbon and renewable energy technology. Every product in the house uniquely, could be purchased at the shown and green technology experts from OVO were available for free one-on-one consultations in the show home, helping visitors understand how EV chargers, solar technology, and heat pumps integrate seamlessly into the home to reduce carbon and cut costs without compromising on style.
- Live Talks – An array of industry experts shared insights and knowledge across three theatres where an exciting and engaging line-up of speakers took centre stage each day.
- Green Living Live – All visitors were immersed in an environment of eco-friendly products and services from companies that put sustainability at the heart of their business.
- Ask an Expert – Attendees had the opportunity to discuss build and renovation plans on a one-to-one basis with specialists in architecture, construction, finance, interior design and more
- Green Living Advice Zone Powered by OVO – Specialists were available for the best advice on decarbonising your home, covering anything from solar energy to heat pumps.
- Mini Grand Designers – Grand Designs Live partnered with local schools for the yearly Mini Grand Designers competition, challenging the creative minds of students to design and craft their dream homes using recycled materials such as cereal boxes and milk bottles. Winners were rewarded an exclusive behind-the-scenes experience with the Interior Design team at IKEA Birmingham, where they will collaborate to bring their sustainable living designs to life.
- Kevin’s Green Heroes – Each year, Kevin's Green Heroes celebrate innovative and environmentally sustainable construction ideas, ranging from small start-ups to large corporations. Personally chosen by Kevin McCloud, the Green Heroes shortlist highlighted ground-breaking concepts that prioritised eco-friendly practices. This year's selection focused on solutions contributing to wildlife and planet conservation, utilising recycled materials, and promoting affordability in eco-friendly choices. The goal is to transform homes into eco-masterpieces, positively impacting both our lives and the planet.
Grand Designs Live 2023 was a hugely successful five-day event with eco-conscious, sustainable design at its core. Be sure to get your tickets for the London show taking place in May 2024!