Green Living Live launches at ExCel London
Green Living Live in partnership with myenergi, made its debut at ExCeL London, this month running alongside Grand Designs Live.
The standalone event dedicated to educating visitors on eco-friendly and conscious products, and services from companies that put sustainability at the very heart of their business, takes place from 30 April – 8 May 2022. All tickets to the show will also gain entry to Grand Designs Live.
At a time when the cost of living and the price of energy is soaring, Green Living Live will bring together a host of brands and expertise covering all aspects of eco-home as well as personal transport. Visitors can find products such as eco building materials, insulation, heating and renewable systems, furnishings, and electric car-charging equipment with hundreds of brands on show. Don’t miss the likes of myenergi, EDF, Eon, Insul Hub, Kelda Showers, DFS, SAHP and Catnic.
The Eco Theatre and Advice Hub will be a live stage devoted to issues surrounding sustainability where visitors can discover how to make a home eco-friendly. The theatre and hub will host talks and panel discussions from experts on topics such as how to plan an eco-build or refit a house, advice on how to heat the home in a cost-effective way, how to source sustainable furnishings as well as advice tailored to every project.
The full timetable is available here:
A feature designed to inspire and inform, the ModPod Zero Low-Carbon House sponsored by EDF, showcases how to achieve zero heating bills with free advice on hand and visitors will be able to walk through a ready-made single storey modular home. The ModPod Zero Low-Carbon House includes PV panelling and solar batteries from Solarwatt, who offer everything to generate, manage, and store your solar power, and a smart hot water system by Mixergy which connects hot water technologies to save money and reduce the impact on the environment. Showersave, a wastewater heat recovery system is used for the showers within the house which is a simple, effective energy saving product that requires zero maintenance. Experts from each of these suppliers will be on hand at the show to give visitors advice on how to retrofit their existing homes. Each of The ModPod Zero Low-Carbon Houses have zero energy bills with any over-flow of energy sold to the national grid as an income to the HA/Council. These homes will also be electric car ready.
Another feature not to be missed is GREEN GRADS, where 20+ recent graduates from UK Universities will be presenting in person their ideas for a greener and cleaner future with a mix of ‘green’ products, installations, and films that portray sustainability, biophilia, and biodiversity. Founded and curated by multi-award-winning design journalist Barbara Chandler, GREEN GRADS is an ongoing initiative to platform UK graduates who are engaging with eco-issues such as sustainability, climate change, circular production, waste and pollution, biophilia, biodiversity and much more. Noting that many degree shows had been cancelled two years running due to the pandemic, Barbara travelled around UK Universities looking extensively at student portfolios to find the GREEN GRADS to physically showcase and platform their work for 2022. The 20+ GREEN GRADS will explain how they’ve made new materials from waste, such as marine plastic, excess food, old carpets and more, with samples and products to prove it. Others will show elegant seating uniquely welded from building-site discards, and sculptural tables fashioned from old doors. Many of the GREEN GRADS will celebrate the beauty of natural sustainable materials, such as willow, cork, wool, and wood. Innovative highlights from the GREEN GRADS include a duo who made a chair from locally found materials (including the tools), and they will tell its story. Visitors will also be able to see live weaving onsite, one with willow, the other with recycled textiles, as well as a stunning 2m run of glass jars which will demonstrate the power of fungi to break down waste.
Kevin's Green Heroes will also be on show in Green Living Live showcasing the most revolutionary, useful eco-friendly gadgets and products on the market. This will include:
• okoform LTD – a stylish and practical desk with built in heating solutions
• Made of Air - Made of Air’s HexAudi façade application on the exterior cladding of the Audi car dealership is a Made of Air biochar-based carbon-negative material rainscreen panel
• Kibardin Design Studio - second-life mass-product could be produced at home using standard cardboard and paper packaging waste based on standard patterns and ready solutions created by qualified engineers, designers and enthusiasts
• Kelda Showers - Kelda’s cutting-edge Air-Powered showers use the principles of fuel injection technology. Each shower features an intelligent microprocessor and powerful digital fan which controls the delivery of water and air to the shower head.
• BAUX - This patented, 100% bio-based material drastically pushes the boundaries of cellulosic properties to a completely new level.
Kevin has also invited back 11 of his past Green Heroes to see where they are now and talk about the future of our planet and their products which are paving the way in eco-conscious design and functionality. This will include:
• Graphenstone - Lime & Graphene Paint
• SpringBond – Eco Engineered Underlay • Polywood – Hybrid Natural fibre-reinforced polymer composite
• Bee Saving Paper – Paper providing a form of energy-rich glucose and honey plant seeds for bees
• Elite Eco – a spray-applied waterproof membrane made of recycled rubber
• Inno-THeRM - thermal & acoustic insulation made from recycled denim and cotton
• Avocado Seed Cutlery & Straws, by 4eco Limited
• EcoBirdy – redesigned plastic waste into functional furniture
• GumDrop Bin, recycles and processes chewing gum
• Sustainable Spray Cork insulation from CorkSol
• The Great Outdoor Gym - pioneered outdoor gyms in the UK, and then took this one step further producing green energy gyms that recycle kinetic energy into electricity.
For more information, visit Green Living Live https://greenlivinglive.com/